Cracking day for our Junior finals for our Under 11s and 12s Girls teams. Both looking to progress:
- 12 Girls started our day, again at The Basin, restricted parking, in the EFL, no lights, showers, power, but could not find any doggie doo-doo this week! Still no results on our partner (EFL) website, but our girls started fast in the bright sunshine and took a healthly lead into the first break. Attacked downhill in the second quarter after conceding an early goal steadied to lead by 15 or so at the main break. Again leaked a quick score or two, but held a solid lead into the last quarter. And a very nervous last quarter it was, conceding a couple to our opponent, steadying, and finally hanging onto win by 8 points and head into a Grand Final! Well done girls!
- Under 11s headed to Wandin 20 minutes later to face a determined Healesville White with some younger opponents. One scoring shot apiece in the first, left us up five points by the break. Turned up the heat after that held our opponent scoreless into the second to head into the main break up by 19. Another goal in the third as we continue to dominate around the contests, three more scoring shots in the last to run out 33 point victors. Head from here into a Prelim final against an undefeated Woori Yallock who headed us by nine points earlier in the season. If we want to win it, we have to beat them!
- Under 16s in rest this week, a couple of our players recovering from concussion and other injuries. Outcome from last weeks tribunal hearings are two Healesville Junior players both ended there junior careers with two and five week suspensions. They were bundled out today and so were there players.
- We expect both our Under 11s and 16s to play at Seville this week, that will be confirmed. Our girls will play at The Basin.
- Had an awesome night with our Under 16s Gala dinner, fare welling our departing top age players...who still have a couple of weeks to go...we hope!
- Keep in mind we have had to move presentation day back a week to Sunday October 8th the last weekend in school holidays.